Now more than ever before, powertrains are evolving. Traditional fossil fuel powertrains are being replaced with hybrid, fuel cell or electric alternatives – meaning manufacturers of these systems must be light on their feet to keep up with market trends. Power transmission components such as clutches, brakes, gearboxes and motors must also adapt, and fasteners are a key part of this design engineering work. Powertrains are produced in high volumes, so on time delivery influenced by demand forecasting is the optimum approach. By implementing this framework, changes in component requirements can be met efficiently, minimising the potential business impact of changes in the industry.
Scale and insight for the drivetrain industry
Optimas supplies and manages over 19,000 unique part numbers for the powertrain industry, constituting over 500 million components delivered to manufacturers every year. The business has great experience in servicing the needs of OEM manufacturers and Tier suppliers across the engineering spectrum.
We are a full-service provider, developing component, logistics and implementation solutions to meet the unique goals of individual organizations and industries. Furthermore, our team of over 85 technical specialists can support design engineering activities, providing expert guidance to improve economy and solve specific engineering challenges. Combined experience ensures we are as proficient with traditional powertrains as new technological advancements, so we can keep pace with the developments in the market and the growth of our customers.
Powertrain industry engagement highlights
- We have over 32 years of experience serving the powertrain industry.
- We have an in-depth understanding of the fluctuating life cycles inherent to the drivetrain market.
- We design unique solutions packages, customized to meet and service individual business needs and goals.
- We take a proactive, integrated approach to partnership.
- We have the flexibility to scale operations, allowing us to tackle unforeseen challenges that you may face in the future.