OEM Automotive manufacturers are some of the most recognizable brands on the planet, and present unique component supply challenges. Tight prototyping, testing and production schedules dominate the industry – spurred by the high level of competition inherent in the sector. Tier 1 suppliers must also be able to keep pace with these demands, providing assemblies on time to support extensive production activities.
Beyond traditional vehicles, new powertrain technologies and electric vehicles are currently revolutionizing the industry, placing an increased emphasis on innovative and reliable component supply. Furthermore, new emissions standards are pushing manufacturers and suppliers to improve efficiency, with new component technologies at the forefront of reducing weight to improve environmental credentials.
A history of proactive innovation
Optimas has been adapting to the needs of the industry for over 50 years, operating global supply frameworks for prestigious car manufacturers and established tier 1 suppliers across the industry spectrum. Whether performance, luxury, volume or durability is your primary focus, Optimas has the experience and knowledge to deliver exact fastener solutions to suit your needs.
We hold full Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) accreditation for all our customers, while simultaneously offering a market-leading parts per million (PPM) rating for the industry. We provide over 1.4 billion fasteners to the sector every year, helping our partners to stay on the right track. Furthermore, we are accredited to VDA 6.2 standards, illustrating our commitment to continuous improvement.
Not every manufacturer is the same, which is why we tailor our services to specific requirement. We can effectively support new growth in emerging regions, engage in research and development support for leading marques or supply highly economized solutions that also attain relevant engineering standards to reduce the bill of materials (BoM).
Optimas is an active member of the industry, holding memberships with the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), Niche Vehicle Network and The Spanish Auto Association (SERNAUTO).
Automotive Industry Engagement Highlights
- In addition to internal manufacturing capabilities, we manage over 1,200 suppliers focused on the automotive tier 1 marketplace.
- Long-standing partnerships with tier 1 suppliers—from seating and interiors to mirrors and beyond—allow us to provide proactive engineering insight before any product launch.
- We create unique automotive solutions packages, customized to meet and service individual business needs and goals.
- We take a proactive, integrated approach to partnership.
- We have the flexibility to scale operations, allowing us to tackle unforeseen challenges that you may face in the future.